Helps Us Make Decisions
Meditation gives us clarity on our thoughts, our inner desires and increased self-awareness. The thoughts include those we engage in and those we are not conscious of but are always there. An average unmeditated mind usually picks up only about a few out of thousands of thought strands that float through the mind in an hour. A meditated mind, on the other hand, picks up considerably more.
The more we meditate, the more self-aware we become. We become more conscious of what we think, the way we think, what we feel and what we want. This clarity is important in our decision making processes and in leading our life. Without such clarity, we become easily swayed by different external factors around us.
Brings Us Into Now
Meditation grounds us. When we are grounded, we are more present to our surroundings. We stop getting caught up by what happened in the past or what might happen in the future. People who are not present are often bogged down by many other things on their mind. They are too busy handling the thoughts in their brain to function in their full capacity in their present moment.
With meditation, we begin to live fully in the present moment. This lets us react or respond better to the situations around us. We maximize every moment of our living life by living in the present moment.
More Aware & Connected
Meditation is an important tool in living consciously. With meditation, we become more connected with our surroundings, the people around us, all living beings around us. We become more conscious of the interconnection between everything. With constant meditation we start vibrating at a higher level of energy. Fear, anger, control, worry, anxiety stop having a hold over our thoughts and behaviours. We start to feel more at ease, relaxed and at peace in the moment.
Tap into Our Subconscious Mind
Most of us are probably using only about 1% of our brain. This 1% is what’s controllable by our physical selves and our ego. The remaining 99% of our intelligence resides in our subconscious mind. This 99% is where the most powerful ideas lie. This is where we get our inspiration, our greatest ideas, our best solutions to problems.
Through meditation, we attune ourselves to that 99% which we shut out in our physical life. This is like a secret pass toward instant new ideas and solutions which we couldn’t have generated with our conscious mind.
Through constant practice, we will find the solutions generated by our subconscious mind are often more insightful and better than the ones generated by your conscious mind. Tap into this greatness through meditation.
Practice & focus for success
To become successful in what we do, we need to constantly practice and focus on what we do. Meditation is one of the avenues where we can learn these two skills and apply both of them to benefit us in all areas of our life. When practice becomes our habit success becomes inevitable. When focus is added it becomes a successful practice.
Sleep like a New born
One of the key reasons for insomnia is the overload of thoughts in our mind which result in anxiety, stress and depression. Meditation helps us to clear out the clutter in our mind, which lets us slip easily into sleep. It also improves the quality of our sleep, allowing us to move into a deeper sleep state also. Focusing on our breath or a specific sound for at least 10 minutes before we sleep, we will find a huge improvement in sleep – guaranteed.
Increases Our Spiritual Connection
The heightened consciousness from our meditation naturally leads to an increased spiritual attainment. It encourages our intuition or sixth sense. We will experience a stronger connection with our intuition, which is highly beneficial to our in life. We learn to trust ourselves more and follow our gut, this inner knowing. Our intuition is what gives you the most insightful and valuable solutions, over our logical mind and ego. Through constant meditation this becomes crystal clear.
Enhances Our Fulfilment of Life
All in all, the different benefits of meditation combine to give us an increased fulfilment of life. We become more positive and become rejuvenated. Meditation puts us in the position to get even more out of every day living, most importantly feeling good.
After regular meditations, we reach a point of absolute calmness in our mind. It makes us realize how noisy our previous unmeditated mind was and how we were not even aware of it until we experience the beauty of meditation. We all must experience this for ourselves through repeated practice. Words only teach to an extent, it’s personal experience that teaches all.